The Girl Scouts of Southern Arizona Media Scouts program is a special-interest group open to Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors.
Girl Scouts across our council will receive special training in all things media, so they can report on council and community events and share our stories with the Girl Scout community and the world.
Media Scouts will serve as the faces and voices of our council in various media outlets. You'll be called upon to:
Interview with the media and attend press events.
Volunteer at Girl Scout booths at public events.
Participate in focus groups.
Write articles and shoot photos/videos.
Media Scout Requirements
- Be a Girl Scout registered for the current membership year.
- Have a media release.
- Attend Media Scout team meetings.
- Attend at least one supplemental training and/or program.
- Submit at least four pieces of coverage throughout
the year that can be geared towards social media accounts, such as
Instagram and YouTube, and various community publications, such as
Bear Essentials or #ThisIsTucson!
- Your coverage should include two major Girl Scout events, one non-Girl Scout topic that is relevant to Girl Scouts, and one personal interest piece. Your pieces should be multimedia for inclusion across our platforms — think about a video or photos to accompany a written article.
- You must quote at least one source in your pieces.
- Each event will have a submission deadline, typically about one week after the event, to ensure timely reporting. All written submissions will require approval from your Media Scouts advisor.
Apply now as spots are filling up fast! Find and harness your voice and creativity. Become a Media Scout, today!
Questions? Contact the GSSOAZ MarComm team!