Troop Leader Orientation
Welcome, new troop leaders! Thank you for joining our nationwide network of nearly 1 million adults dedicated to building girls of courage, confidence, and character. You're here to introduce girls to new experiences and opportunities, and to unleash their potential in a safe, encouraging environment...and we're here to support you and help you succeed every step of the way.
Ready to get started? Here are the first steps to leading your troop:
- Read the Volunteer Policies and Guidelines.
- Sign the Receipt of Volunteer Policies and Volunteer Code of Conduct, to confirm you are familiar with the policies and guidelines.
- Attend a Troop Leader Orientation at time convenient for you. This two-hour, in-person training at a local Girl Scout Resource Center will cover the ins and outs of starting a new troop, including the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, trips and travel, finances and banking, participating in the Cookie Program, and more.
- Familiarize yourself with the Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- Keep your council background check up-to-date, by renewing yearly. (Don't worry, you'll receive a reminder from us when it's time!) Need assistance? This video can help.
We're here for you!
Volunteer help and support is always a phone call or email away. Our Customer Care and Troop Support teams are happy to answer your questions and assist you as you volunteer. Just call 520-327-2288 or email email@example.com.