At Girl Scouts of Southern Arizona, we believe everyone has a unique voice and that that voice should be heard. Accordingly, throughout all of our work we strive to honor the voice of our membership. Council delegates help make this possible by ensuring that our Board and leadership team hear the voices of our members.
The Girl Scouts of Southern Arizona Delegate Body consists of Senior and Ambassador Girl Scouts and adult volunteers who serve as voting members at the Council’s Annual Meeting. The Delegate Body also elects the Board of Directors and Board Development Committee and approves any revisions to the Council By-Laws and Articles of Incorporation.
Membership Delegates serve as the “voice of the Members” to the Board of Directors and leadership staff. Delegates bring the concerns of the membership to the attention of the Board and staff and provide valuable feedback in determining the direction of our Movement.
Membership Delegates have voting rights in the GSSoAZ General Assembly body and vote in the election of the Board of Directors and National Delegates as well as all amendments and other matters requiring a vote.
Council Delegate Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Must be a registered member 14 years or older;
- Will vote in the elections of members of the Board of Directors and GSUSA National Council Delegates;
- Will have the opportunity to serve on task groups exploring special topics and projects;
- Will identify and make known major issues affecting girls and adult volunteers;
- Attend and participate in our council’s Annual Meeting.
Council delegates are selected once a year through an online application process. All members ages 14 and up receive an email inviting them to apply. For more information, please contact Timalee Nevels at firstname.lastname@example.org.