Cookie Reward: Australia
· This trip itinerary and registrations, will come in the early summer once we solidify everything for our December adventures.
- This includes flight details including where we are flying into
- Our shore excursions will include cultural center, wildlife reserve with the Koala experience, and visiting the Great Barrier Reef.
- This is The Great Barrier Reef Cruise with ports at Sydney, Airlie Beach, Cairns, Port Douglas, and Willis Island.
· We are traveling with Royal Caribbean aboard Radiance of The Sea
- The Girl and her Chaperone will be staying in a Balcony Room so that they can step onto their balcony and behold all the wonders and smell the sweet ocean breezes.
This reward includes
All Travel – air, bus, ship etc…
On Board “group” activities
Can we bring our family and upgrade our rooms?
No, our adventures are 100% Girl Scout driven activities, on this a Girl Scout reward earned for their efforts.
My Girl Scout gets to bring an Adult Chaperone why can’t we add additional family?
While our Girl Scouts bring their chaperone as part of their reward for this specific reward level, this is the only way we can include all age levels at this high level for international travel, and enhance the level of safety activity check points, not to create a vacation feel. These rewards are not family adventures nor vacations. We spend a great deal of time doing programming, shore excursions, and creating once in a lifetime experiences for our Girl Scouts to experience with their fellow Girl Scouts.
Why isn’t this trip just a relaxing journey? Cookie rewards are programmatic experiences. Our rewards are fast moving, often times exhausting, and rich in program not vacations. We dine together as Girl Scouts each evening, we go ashore together as Girl Scouts each day, we engage in on ship activities together in fact, fun fact, there is another Girl Scout council aboard ship at the same time as us and we will be doing Girl Scout sister activities on at sea days. This is very much a Girl Scout trip.
What happens if we decide to bring our family along ? While we cannot stop people from bringing families to a public venue all our activities, sleeping arrangements, meals, activities etc will not include tag-a-longs nor will rooming be altered, flights accommodated, or travel delayed waiting for people to accommodate families. This Girl Scout Group travel reward is just that, for the Girl Scout. All Girl Scouts who have earned these rewards – for Australia currently 11 Girl Scouts, deserve to have the same experience focused completely on them to honor their achievements, to offer equitably the same experience for each Girl Scout who achieved these reward levels, without altering the experience offered to accommodate family plans.
Will we need to be vaccinated to be on this trip? Yes, current covid international border status in Australia requires all visitors to be fully vaccinated. If you have no intention of being vaccinated this reward should not be chosen as you will not be able to travel to Australia.
Are passports required to travel to Australia? Yes, and should be underway already if you do not already have passports. Current wait time is 8-11 weeks. Do not delay
This event is for Girl Scouts who earned admission during the 2022 cookie season.