Adults who wish to lend an extra set of hands to their Girl Scouts' troop during the Cookie Season are welcome to do so by providing cookie booth support.
Booth Supporters CANNOT:
- Attend overnight trips with the troop
- Drive Girl Scouts other than their own child
- Count towards the "Girl to Adult Safety Ratio'
- Handle troop funds
However, they may serve as the second adult at a cookie booth during the three-month period of the Girl Scout Cookie Program.
If you are interested in fulfilling all aspects of a troop support role with your girl's troop, we recommend you become a Troop Support Volunteer.
To serve as a Booth Supporter, please complete the following steps:
- Submit a Background Check Request, which will trigger an official background check form from our background check from our vendor, ASURINT.
- Please note: your background check must be renewed annually when you return for future cookie seasons.
- Login into gsLearn. You should have received a link in your email with instructions to log in.
- Take the "Booth Support Policies and Procedures Orientation".
- You will be reading, agreeing and electronically signing both the “Booth Support Policies” and “Caregiver Code of Conduct”. This is to confirm that you understand the obligations and limitations of the role.
- When your background check, as well as your gsLearn “Booth Support Policies and Procedures” orientation is complete, you will receive an approval email from a Girl Scout staff member. This process can take up to 3 business days— your patience is much appreciated!
For questions, please contact Member Support at firstname.lastname@example.org