Girls with the travel bug can join Girl Scouts for the chance to journey from Arizona to the corners of the world!
Travel offers girls, regardless of previous Girl Scout involvement, leadership and cross-cultural opportunities through regional, national, and international travel. Girls can travel by troop, through a council-sponsored trip or with just a few Girl Scout friends.
Our travel opportunities help girls gain experience in planning, budgeting and earning travel funds, meeting new friends and making the world a better place through service. Turn your travel dreams into reality today!
National and International Travel Opportunities
National and International travel opportunities are generally offered throughout the summer months, allowing girls several days to several weeks to explore the world!
- Check out the GSUSA Destinations website for more information about the program.
- Submit your application to our travel coordinator, Timalee Nevels at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15.
- The host council, Girl Guide Association, or private organization will notify you if you are accepted into the program.
- Be prepared to arrange and pay for transportation, pay a deposit to the host council or organization to hold your space if required.
- If you are accepted and meet the council guidelines for financial assistance, the council will support one trip request during the program year.
Stories from Girl Scouts in our Council:
My name is Holly and I had the amazing opportunity this past summer to go to Australia through Girl Scout Destinations. In this amazing trip we got to see a new country, learn about a new culture, and meet amazing new girls from all across the USA as well as Australia. Through Girl Scout Destinations trips, you are able to challenge yourself and have the time of your life! Whether you like sightseeing, exploring the globe, or just meeting new people, Girl Scout Destinations is the perfect experience for you. If you give it a try, I know you will have the experience of your life, just like I did!
Hey girls… Victoria here… I just wanted to take this time to encourage you to go on a destinations trip. The world is a huge and incredible place that longs to be explored and there is no better way to do this than on a Girl Scout destination! On a destination you will not only travel to a place new and exotic, but you’ll have the privilege to experience it in a way that very few other people will get to. Destinations are not your typical “tourist vacation”. You will get a chance to establish a personal relationship with your country by seeing the back side of it, not just the tourist side. You will also get to learn about real world issues. When I went to the Amazon in Peru we learned a lot about environmental problems. My trip to Peru created a love for traveling and completely changed my life. This is a once in a lifetime experience that you will not want to pass up!