Meeting the needs of girls, today and into the future
For almost eighty years Girl Scouts of Southern Arizona has provided girls with opportunities to explore the world around them, make new friends, and develop into young leaders who take action locally and globally. In this Centennial year of Girl Scouting we celebrate our past and prepare for the future.
One large piece of our future lies with our properties. GIRLS drive our PROGRAM decisions which in turns drive our allocation of resources, including structure and PROPERTY decisions. We continually look for new ways to improve our programs and facilities to ensure all girls, everywhere can benefit from the Girl Scouting Leadership Experience. As part of our efforts, Girl Scouts of Southern Arizona is forming a Vision 2012 Committee to review our properties and its role in fulfilling our Girl Scout mission. The purpose is to create a plan to bring our property assets into line with girl programming. Help us plan for the next century of Girl Scouting and make sure your voice is heard!
- Provide a safe and secure place that nurtures girls while offering chances to build courage confidence and character
- Provide opportunities for girls and adults alike to discover, create and develop social connections
- Create and maintain areas that support responsible stewardship of property resources and that are in harmony with programming and facility needs
- Support and enrich the Girl Scout Leadership Experience and its outcome-based program activities
- Fulfill the program needs and desires of girl members
- Provide service and support to our Girl Scout adult membership and volunteers
- Increase Council’s functional ability
- Take a leadership role in energy conservation and stewardship
To get involved contact Debbie Rich at 520.319.3168