International Day of the Girl
Following campaigns by organizations including WAGGGS, its Member Organizations, Plan and Save the Children, the United Nations declared 11 October as International Day of the Girl from the year 2012 onward.
To celebrate this day, WAGGGS invites you to help create “The world we want for girls”. We have produced the following resources to help you mark International Day of the Girl.
- The World We Want for Girls collaborative blog – create a drawing, photo, video or piece of text to show what is important in the world you want for girls, and submit it to the blog.
- Information flier – get an overview of what International Day of the Girl is all about.
- Commitment form – we are asking decision makers to make a commitment on International Day of the Girl to do something that will make the world better for girls. Use this form to collect commitments from your own local decision makers, or prominent figures in your community.
- Fact sheet – learn about the challenges girls face today, and the solutions that can make the world better for them.
- Activity sheet – take part in one of these
fun International Day of the Girl activities with your Girl Guiding or Girl Scouting group.
- Video – a short film about International Day of the Girl.
- Survey - take a moment to fill in the survey and help us shape the World We Want for Girls